The Graduate

The Graduate
Must See film No. 1!

Welcome to my exciting new film blog!

Hello friends and film lovers
After hundreds and hundreds of films over the past 3 decades and much film banter, critique and recommendations, I thought it was about time I started this blog. I will start to list my 'must see films' as well as blog reviews from any film I see from here on. I look forward to your being part of my blog community, your comments and feedback on all things FILM!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TOP 20 FILMS TO SEE!


Since I'm heading off to Samoa next week (until 19th Feb) I couldn't leave you for so long without posting my first, of what I'm sure will be a very conentious, TOP 20 MUST SEE films. DISCLAIMER: Keep in mind that films are subjective and the viewer upon repeat viewings, or depending on whether one is hormotional at the time, may change their rating at will. Films may also feature in this list because the creator is smitten with one of it's stars. Top 20 films not in any particular order, and not grouped by genre or date of release.
These films all touched me in some way at the time and have certainly left their mark. I have another 50-100 films which I will list in the coming months. This is just to keep you from going crazy staring at the B-grade overnighters when there are such dusty gems waiting to be rescued from the weekly/cult/classic shelves at your local shop. ENJOY! I look forward to your comments.
1. The Graduate
2. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
3. Fargo
4. Stand By Me
5. Into The Wild
6. The Year My Voice Broke
7. Once
8. Frida
9. Talk to Her
10. Play Misty For Me
11. Splendour in The Grass
12. Thelma & Louise
13. Dangerous Liaisons
14. BIG
15. Dirty Dancing
16. ET
17. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Original)
18. Tootsie
19. Saturday Night Fever
20. Amadeus
*Special Thanks go out to my sister Nadine for her suggestions, Bella and Alice for their 2 cents worth, Sarah for her yet to be properly reviewed list, Tanya my serious film buddy friend and her comprehensive list, Alan for his list and film banter, and finally, my Dad - for nurturing me with classics from a young age and a passion for great films.

14.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - there are 8 on your top 20 I haven't seen! I must drive Lucy around for some popcorn and education when you are back from the islands! love love!

    ReplyDelete