The Graduate

The Graduate
Must See film No. 1!

Welcome to my exciting new film blog!

Hello friends and film lovers
After hundreds and hundreds of films over the past 3 decades and much film banter, critique and recommendations, I thought it was about time I started this blog. I will start to list my 'must see films' as well as blog reviews from any film I see from here on. I look forward to your being part of my blog community, your comments and feedback on all things FILM!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Young Victoria


CHICK FLICK ALERT!! We nearly trampled the only guy in the house when he walked in right at the point where flesh met flesh ... took almost an hour to get here so interruptions were not welcome at this point! This is a pensive, aesthetically pleasing period film with one of my favourites - Emily Blunt - and a handsome lad who was set to task by his stroppy Father to steal her heart. Well he got Ems going, and he got us too - we were oohing and aaahing us girls and there were a few tears when their lips finally did meet. Ahhh, do love a quiet period film, all the frills and flushed breasts, elegant horses and shiny table wear and the occasional bit of pianola after dinner or castrati at the opera. Karim would have lasted, let's see, 15 minutes before snoring along to this one. But on a rainy day with some hot chocolate and hankies and friends this one's a winner. Unfortunately, as period films go, and I've seen alot, this could've had more fire and ice. Stay tuned for my must see film list including a few period films that are simply so decadent and grimy, they'll make you want to go all Elizabethan or learn how to fence. 2 & 3/4/5
PS if you object to my giving quartely increments of points, please let me know. I've had 1 objection to date so am taking this very seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment