The Graduate

The Graduate
Must See film No. 1!

Welcome to my exciting new film blog!

Hello friends and film lovers
After hundreds and hundreds of films over the past 3 decades and much film banter, critique and recommendations, I thought it was about time I started this blog. I will start to list my 'must see films' as well as blog reviews from any film I see from here on. I look forward to your being part of my blog community, your comments and feedback on all things FILM!

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Soloist


This movie had some nice pacing, and Jamie Fox is very believable in this role as virtoso cellist with schitzophrenia. Robert Downey Jnr isn't my favourite dude in film. I always seem to be able to SEE him acting, as opposed to being able to suspend my disbelief and really get lost in his characters' worlds. Maybe I'm just suspicious of him cos of the whole come back thing and how Hollywood (similar to us Aussie's) love a battle,r and how he keeps getting juicy role after role when there are so many other great actors out there. Anyhoo, he did ok in this, and he's good vulnerability and messyness and I like that about this film, despite being aware of the formula in it. It was pretty gritty, and I always love Catherine Keener who featured a bit in this. And while the ending was a bit cleaner than I expected, it is a mainstream film afterall, it was generally a satisfying experience. Will I remember it well in a year's time? Doubt it. 2.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment