The Graduate

The Graduate
Must See film No. 1!

Welcome to my exciting new film blog!

Hello friends and film lovers
After hundreds and hundreds of films over the past 3 decades and much film banter, critique and recommendations, I thought it was about time I started this blog. I will start to list my 'must see films' as well as blog reviews from any film I see from here on. I look forward to your being part of my blog community, your comments and feedback on all things FILM!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Up In The Air


George Clooney - swoon. Recently retrenched people - keeping it real. Airports and fluffy hotel pillows and plane views...makes me want to travel. The perky, naiive assistant who gets messy and injects some fun and drama into the film - essential.
Why I writing in such a way - cos I've had a full on day and really felt I needed to get this out before it faded too much. The reviews - full of hype and big stars. The experience - didn't really live up to it. Would I save this one for DVD? Yes. Will you love it if, like my mate Brett, you live in airports half the year? Yes (he really LOVED it so I will now have to start calling him Clooney) Will you be satisfied if all you need to enjoy a film a good looking guy who is also very 'human', a decent storyline with witty dialogue and the occasional bit of raunch? YES. So it may tick alot of boxes for many, but for me, another elegant, mature but forgettable flick. I wouldn't book the babysitters to rush out for this one. 2.5/5.

1 comment:

  1. Just call me Clooney...I like that. I'll take it. But I didn't LOVE it for him, nor for the airports. I loved it for its authenticity! It felt REAL - an oh so painful reminder of what it means to be human, and how easy it is to get stuck in the world of what's comfortable and known. and what it takes to step beyond that. 2.5 stars? Get outta here! I give it 4 stars!

    ReplyDelete