The Graduate

The Graduate
Must See film No. 1!

Welcome to my exciting new film blog!

Hello friends and film lovers
After hundreds and hundreds of films over the past 3 decades and much film banter, critique and recommendations, I thought it was about time I started this blog. I will start to list my 'must see films' as well as blog reviews from any film I see from here on. I look forward to your being part of my blog community, your comments and feedback on all things FILM!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Taking Woodstock


Pity this film was soooo slow to begin with cos the 2nd half is a completely different film. This is based on the true story of a Jewish family who loaned their run-down hotel out to the organisers of the Woodstock Festival, and without realising it played a pivotal part in music's history. I really adore films set in the 60s-70s, so many great outfits and the soundtracks are often a treat. This one delivered on this front, and had some really likeable characters. The dude who spear headed Woodstock was way cool and dreamy, and his tassled vest and white boy afro swept back as he travelled from A to B on horseback. Far out man, cool. And the Jewish son, who convinced his parents that the festival would be good for the town and then was derided by all the locals who were overun by these 'crazy hippies' was very sweet and gets all tripped out during his 'introduction' to free love and LSD on his way to the festival.
I dug it, and am now gonna watch the real thing - Woodstock the Festival - to get my fill of all things hippy, radical, peace loving and vibrational. 3/5 for the 2nd half of this movie only.

No comments:

Post a Comment