The Graduate

The Graduate
Must See film No. 1!

Welcome to my exciting new film blog!

Hello friends and film lovers
After hundreds and hundreds of films over the past 3 decades and much film banter, critique and recommendations, I thought it was about time I started this blog. I will start to list my 'must see films' as well as blog reviews from any film I see from here on. I look forward to your being part of my blog community, your comments and feedback on all things FILM!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Adventureland


If you liked Knocked Up/Superbad/PineappleExpress...then this film features some of those actors, some of the Saturday Night Live Cast, was Directed by Superbad's Director (if you haven't seen it yet, it's a very sweet and funny film about being young, naiive and hormotional) and some youngins who are very believeable. This is an overnighter right now but I got it for free from my local OOVIE box. You gotta love that! Anyhoo, Karim was in tears cos he spent many heated days at the Darling Harbour fun park in his adolesence - you know those days where you can smell the heat rising up from the ground, and everything is sticky - and this film is set in a fun park so there's lots of shenanigans going on. I remember being at luna park and narrowly avoiding a kid's projectile spew after coming off the Love Machine. Well these guys live at the park all summer and when they're not avoiding spew, they're getting drunk/stoned, falling in love and realising that even the shittest environments can sprout some beautiful life if you give it a chance. This is by no means a rush out and grab it film, I waited months until I decided to give it a go, but I really enjoyed it and will look forward to seeing what young Jesse Eisenberg does next. 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment