The Graduate

The Graduate
Must See film No. 1!

Welcome to my exciting new film blog!

Hello friends and film lovers
After hundreds and hundreds of films over the past 3 decades and much film banter, critique and recommendations, I thought it was about time I started this blog. I will start to list my 'must see films' as well as blog reviews from any film I see from here on. I look forward to your being part of my blog community, your comments and feedback on all things FILM!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Alice in Wonderland


I think I'll always be smitten by Tim Burton's muse - Johnny Depp - and his wonderful wife - Helena Bonham Carter. They are both so absolutely ego-free and delicious in this flick, as are the effects, costumes and Burton's treatment of the story. The only oddity was Anne Hathaway with her floating arms and unbelievable manifestation of the 'good' queen. Pity I wanted her to end up headless like many of the other victims of the Queen of Hearts in Wonderland. I would love to have Johnny over for goulash some time to just stare at him in wonderment at how he can pull off the characters he does, whilst licking up my paprika sauce. This film was delightful, simply delightful. (Paul: read Awesome) Moving even. But you gotta have a thing for the dark, quirky, slightly unnerving, kinda corny but uplifting films of Tim Burton. 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment